November 1, 2020
First of all, just let me say thank you for being here. It means so much that in the current world situation you would consider not only spending your money, but also your time, on something creative, it quite honestly means so very much.
In an effort to be as transparent as possible with regards to any workshops hosted by Hawthorn Floral Atelier during this time, I wanted to be sure to have a clear outline of how we will proceed with workshops if and/or when certain situations arise.
These are the details/rules we will be implementing with regards to current provincial limitations etc. :
- we thankfully will be utilizing a very large gathering space which more than exceeds the current Covid guidelines for out-of-home gatherings, so whether you come alone or in a cohort there will be ample space for social distancing
- workshops are currently set at 25 tickets maximum
- please keep cohorts to no more than 6 people, if there are more than 6 in your group we will simply have to split you up, keeping the minimum 6 foot distance between all groups
- unfortunately this year there will be no Hot Cocoa and Treats bar so please feel free to bring along any refreshments for yourself that you would like (complimentary bottled water will be available)
- masks will be mandatory upon entering the workshop space as well as when walking about any common areas within the workshop space (ie. to go use the restroom, when selecting materials etc). You are free to remove your mask when working at your table among your personal group/cohort
- now more than ever we ask you to respect our no children under 13 years of age policy, with gathering limits in place there simply isn't additional space
- please, and most obviously, do not attend the workshop if you are feeling sick in any way
A few details regarding possible changes should the Covid-19 limitations/guidelines change anytime over the following weeks.
- should gathering limits drop from the current 30 person limit and there are more people attending the workshop than the new limits allow, there are two different scenarios in how we would proceed
- gathering limit of 15, we proceed to split the class into two, both classes would remain on the same day, there would simply be an afternoon class as well as a morning class OR proceed to an online synchronous class at the same date/time as the class was scheduled for via Zoom, all supplies and materials would be delivered to your home free of charge the day before the workshop
- gathering limit of less than 15, we would proceed straight to the online synchronous class via Zoom
- all other guidelines previously posted would remain the same
Non-Covid Related Workshop Policies
- our no cancellation, non-transferable policy remains in place as it always has in years passed. Should you not be able to attend for ANY reason, you are more than welcome to have another person attend in your place. If you're not able to find someone to take your place, or simply don't want to, we will be more than happy to deliver your workshop materials to your home address within the Warman/Saskatoon area free of charge the following day
- Children ages 13 to 17 years must attend with another paying adult. We thank you for respecting this policy and ask that any children under the age of 13 not attend with you.
Thank you again to everyone considering attending a workshop during this time. It means so very much and I really look forward to creating with all of you again.